Specialized Construction, Completed on Time and in Budget
Scioto saved 10% from budget through proactive construction management and keeping change orders to a minimum
A current Scioto customer was looking to lease a new space in a city with very limited options.
They wanted a new space but did not have local resources to execute a development option and
their alternative was to make an existing space work or take development risks on their own.
The Scioto Solution
Our team was able to assess the data for the most suitable site for this project and Scioto was
able to find several potential land sites that met their criteria.
Scioto then provided development services, including:
- Negotiating land acquisition contract
- Negotiating entitlements to construct a new facility
- Identifying an architect and an engineer for the project
Other construction services provided by Scioto:
- Design Management – Construction drawings were reviewed with the customer to make sure
they reflected their desired needs for the services.
- Bid Process Management – contacted several general contractors to bid on the project.
- Legal Document Negotiation – including purchase contract, development agreement, general
contractor agreement, and lease.
- Construction Management – during the construction.
- Budget and Time Frame Supervision – made sure the project stayed on track and under budget.
Scioto offers construction and development services that can be tailored specifically to fit the
accessibility design needs and requirements of providers.
- A one-stop capital solution to design-build
- Competitive pricing and terms
- Management of the project from start to finish
- Scioto secured an A-class land site at an attractive price
- Scioto delivered a first-class facility to the customer on-time and within budget
- Scioto managed the whole process from land selection to certificate of occupancy
- The customer did not have to come out of pocket for any of the development costs and the lease started upon completion
- Scioto saved 10% from budget through proactive construction management and keeping change orders to a minimum
- Delivery was on-time in 2020, despite COVID disruptions