Did you know that 1.7 million people sustain a traumatic brain injury (TBI) every year? Learn more about on our infographic below.
- 1.7 million people sustain a traumatic brain injury each year
- 30.5% of all injury-related deaths in the U.S. are caused by traumatic brain injuries
- 40.5% of all incidences of traumatic brain injury were caused by accidental falls
- 473,947 traumatic brain injury emergency room visits are made annually by children under 14 years old
- $60 billion in direct and indirect annual costs of traumatic brain injuries
For more information about traumatic brain injuries, please visit Traumatic Brain Injury Causes and Effects, Helmets are Still a Must When Preventing a Traumatic Brain Injury, or Symptoms of TBI.