Scioto Properties utilizes Universal Design principles when building or modifying a home for persons with disabilities. Concepts include:
- No step entryways for wheelchair access.
- Lever drawer pulls and door handles for ease of use.
- Wide hallways for wheelchairs and walkers.
- Open work spaces allowing knee and toe clearance for anyone in a wheelchair.
- Proper lighting to ensure maximum safety.
- First floor living for easy access.
- Outlets and light switches at appropriate heights (32 inches high) for people using wheelchairs
- Lower counters with enough space for knee and toe clearance for anyone in a wheelchair.
- Slip resistant tile and roll-in showers.
- Wide to accommodate wheelchairs.
For more information on Scioto Properties homes and universal design, click here.