Having a good plan in place and being prepared in the event of a weather emergency is essential to staying safe and making sure that your basic needs are met. Here is some general information about what you can do in the event of severe weather.
- Follow all local government protocols recommendations for evacuation and safety.
- If evacuating, close all gas valves and turn off electrical service by flipping the main circuit breaker at the top of the panel.
- If possible, photograph the condition of the property prior to the storm.
- Secure all outdoor furnishings and elevate personal belongings inside the home to protect them as much as possible from potential water damage.
- If you are not evacuating, stay away from all windows and doors during the storm.
- Keep flashlights handy as well as clean or bottled drinking water.
FOR SCIOTO PROPERTIES CUSTOMERS
- Please report any damages to the home to our Scioto Maintenance and Repairs department, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the subject line of the email make sure to put the property address and the words “Storm Damage”. Please include photos of all damaged areas in the email.
- In the email, please provide contact information for a person on-site that includes name, phone number, and email address.
- Funding for repairs will vary by the lease agreement, insurance terms, and other factors.
- The Scioto construction and maintenance team is in contact with contractors to provide the quickest service possible – We are here to help.
- All questions can be directed through the email@example.com email.
You can also read more about Preparing Your Home For A Weather Emergency here. We encourage you to follow your own evacuation protocol and have a quick list of things that will need to be done if there is damage to the home.